Have you ever attended an "Open House" advertised in your area or in a community you like? Most people have. Even if you're not serious about moving, viewing a few properties in a neighbourhood you like is a great way to get a sense of the market.
Who knows? You might stumble upon your next dream home!
To get the most out of an open house, follow these guidelines:
- Most open houses will have a handout available containing the list price and other property information. Be sure to keep a copy.
- Don't just view the rooms. Explore the entire property, including the backyard.
- Don't be shy about asking the listing agent (or whoever is hosting the open house) questions about the property.
- Ask about the area. Are there schools nearby? Where is the nearest park or playground located?
- Ask about potential required repairs and renovations. For example, if the furnace is more than 15 years old, it may need to be replaced soon.
- Walk around the neighbourhood. Try to get a sense of what it's like to live there. If possible, chat with a neighbour.
Finally, if you become interested in the home, be sure to advise the listing agent that your own REALTOR® will be following up. Otherwise, the listing agent might assume that he or she will be representing you.
Looking for a good REALTOR® to have by your side? Call Greg and Colin Today 604-561-3306