Greg Thornton & Colin Thornton        

Top 10% of Greater Vancouver REALTORS® for 29 Years ! In Listing, Sales, & Dollar Volume!


``Modern Day Marketing Techniques With Old Fashioned Service``

RE/MAX Sabre Realty

Group 604-942-0606

102-2748 Lougheed Hwy, 

Port Coquitlam, V3B 6P2

.                     

Greg Thornton
Cell:604-644-8252
Office:604-942-0606
Toll Free:1-888-942-0606

Colin Thornton
 
Blogs
Posts By Date
Categories
 
Back to Blog

You never want to smell smoke in your home and realize there’s a fire. That’s why it is important to be diligent about fire safety. Experts recommend that homeowners be especially careful with the following common household items:

 

  • ·      Portable heaters. Never leave one in a room unattended. Make sure paper and other combustible materials are well away from these units.

 

  • ·      Electronics chargers. We all want our computers, tablets and smartphones to charge quickly. The price we pay for that convenience is chargers that pull in a lot of power, making them very hot. Keep them away from combustible material, as well as other wiring.

 

  • ·      Smoking materials. Be careful with cigarettes, pipes, cigars and other such items. Bedding and upholstery, which burn slowly and dangerously, are the source of 75% of smoking-related fires.

 

  • ·      Candles. Never leave candles unattended for any reason. If you must leave the room, extinguish them.

 

  • ·      Flammable liquids. These can include paints, thinners and some brands of cleaning products. Read labels carefully and follow the safety instructions.

 

To paraphrase a famous expression: An ounce of prevention is worth not having to deal with a house fire.

 

Comments

No comments

Post Your Comment:

*indicates required fields.
Your Name:*
Please note, your email will not be shown publicly
Your Email (will not be published):*
Comment:*
Please type the text as it appears above: