By Melissa Dittmann Tracey, REALTOR(R) Magazine
The warmer weather has home owners looking to spruce up their home’s outdoor spaces. So when it comes to do-it-yourself outdoor projects, which projects are most home owners tackling?
A survey of more than 1,200 home owners by the Home Project Council identified the following DIY outdoor projects as most desirable:
1. Plant a garden
2. Use decorative pebbles, stones or rocks for landscaping
3. Build a deck
4. Create a fire pit or barbecue pit
5. Build a patio or walkway using concrete pavers or bricks
6. Install or build a shed or storage building
7. Stain or paint siding or windows
8. Build a privacy fence
9. Stain or paint exterior concrete surfaces (patio, pool deck, driveway, sidewalk, etc.)
10. Repair or seal concrete cracks in patios, steps, or driveways
The most difficult or intimidating DIY outdoor projects home owners identified were building an outdoor kitchen; pouring concrete slabs for patios, steps, or sidewalks; or building a deck, according to the Home Project Council’s survey.